When clients come to my office for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), we work to solve their problems using methods exactly as the name implies.
- We use a Cognitive approach by recognizing, challenging, & changing irrational thoughts.
- We use a Behavioral approach by assessing current behaviors and determining if changes could improve mental health.
On the Behavioral side, one of the powerful changes a person can make is to focus more on Self Care. Some small changes in routines can have a significant positive impact on anxiety, depression, and anger management.
Self Care Suggestions
If you suffer from sleep anxiety or depression, choosing to add few of these things to your to-do list could result in big changes. Some of my favorites from this list are:
- breaking up my day into small tasks
- writing lists things I love
- taking a break from all tech